Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 1 - 3/2/10

I've introduced what I am doing. So let's get going. Through this blog I will try to be as candid and free-telling of films I've seen. I will do everything in my power to prevent spoiler alerts. I am not looking to gain credit as a film critic. I just want to be seen as the average American man who likes to see movies.

So who wants to wonder why I thought of creating this blog after seeing The Crazies?

The Crazies
2010
Directed by: Breck Eisner
Starring: Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell

When I first saw a trailer for this movie, I was intrigued. After viewing it tonight I see the power that movie trailer can have. the premise for the movie was (and is) not original anymore. It felt like ET meets Cloverfield meets Dawn of the Dead. Scampering around dark corners and having scary faces pop out does not scare me anymore. I don't understand. Did you know that most of the fear brought out in horror movies comes from loud noises or sounds? A good horror movie to judge this on is Paranormal Activity. That movie does not need loud bangs or music to create the creepiness that is instilled in us throughout.

The feature I screened tonight held up a few bargains of making me cringe at certain points. I don't know why, but seeing the movie on a work night actually kind of angers me. Now of course it was free (which will be explained for those who don't know), but seeing a movie after a long 9 hour day is hard to do. With amazing things like Netflix and a DVR, I can see practically any movie or film I want to. The Crazies would not be one I'd see again.

3 comments:

  1. Gladiator was definitely a better movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you talk about the one saturday when you watched She's All That, and when it was over you watched it again because you thought it was so awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally...didn't that happen with Stick It as well?

    ReplyDelete