Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kick-Ass

Kick-Ass
2010
Directed By: Matthew Vaughn
Starring: Aaron Johnson, Nicolas Cage

Superhero film. Done before? Well yeah. This movie comes out of nowhere showing a lonely high school kid who decides to become a superhero. He buys a scuba costume and walks around with batons. The fact is, he never really does anything. It seems like every time he is ready to be a superhero, someone else comes along and saves his ass. The weird thing is, that when Dave is dressed in his hero costume, he sounds a lot like Tobey Maguire in Spiderman. I'm serious. I don't know if they did that on purpose, but it's just something I noticed.

I'd say about 90% of the movie is predictable. And I know that's not the point. But I would love a little unpredictability from a superhero movie. I did like the movie. I thought it was funny and somewhat creative. But I get really tired of character actors constantly being the same person over and over. McLovin seemed like McLovin. So yeah, I don't really have too much to say. The predictability was lame but it was a good movie. It entertained me.

I would like to have a little soapbox about people bringing their young children (like 4 years old) to a movie that clearly is rated R. If you have kids you have a responsibility. The End. You need to realize that going to a movie is not as easy as it once was. Be a human and take care of your kid. If going to the movies is that important, hire a sitter. Plenty of people are looking for work, it's not that hard. And yeah, kids will probably use bad words and such early in life, but bad parenting is not going to help one little bit. Kids need to be kids. Idiots, be concious of what the hell you're doing.

Stars (out of 4): ** 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment