Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jennifer Aniston is Better Looking Than Brooklyn Decker




That's right I said it. I don't care who knows it. But the three of you reading this blog are probably going to blow out your brains because of that one statement. For those who know me, Jennifer Aniston is my goddess. She's the ray of sunshine that brightens up any day of mine. Her awkward stance and smile could possibly melt an iceberg (used that one on my high school girlfriend). The violent magnificence of true beauty brought out in this over-40 woman brings about the feelings of true victor to the average man. How could this woman overthrow a young, beautiful model? No, I'm not saying Brooklyn Decker is ugly, she's banging. But bring in the familiarity and smile of Rachel Green in the way that brings about the feelings of all I have known is true in my life, and bring out the true romantic that I find myself to be.

This isn't about me. It's about a movie. And what a movie it was. I hate to say it, Adam, please stop. The over-reaching comedies need to end. Why make it a comedy if it's always going to be about the heart? Is that what Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore would want? No. They would want invisible penguins and clowns that gobble up golf balls. They would want Steve Buscemi playing a psycho path and the hot mom from Modern Family to play the love interest. I love Jennifer Aniston. I love Adam Sandler. But Adam's movies, to me, should not be about the stars. Rob Schneider wasn't in this movie, and I feel like he should be pissed.

Where's the senseless humor? The one liners only work some of the time in this flat (no pun) excuse for comedy. Of course there were funny parts. And there were parts that were ridiculous. But the ridiculous factor from an Adam Sandler movie should be eye splitting and ear popping. Bring out the penguins. Bring out Chris Farley yelling on a school bus. Bring out Frankenstein's fat foot and bring back the true Adam Sandler comedy. Big Daddy was the beginning of this comedic downfall, but I like that movie, so we'll skip to something else.

Point being, Click and Grown Ups have been two of the worst comedies I've seen in a while. Almost as bad as Strange Wilderness. But we won't go there. Bring back the old time comedy Adam, but while you're at it, the eye candy was fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment