Saturday, March 5, 2011

There's Obviously Something Going On Here


What have we been talking about? Oh yeah, movies. It's funny that it's already March and I've already seen a very funny movie. It's rare for me to laugh at movies constantly, but somehow I found myself laughing quite a bit during this Farrelly Brothers rendition of Freebie Tuesday. I just made that up, but you know what I mean.

The Farrellys make it look easy to take such a simple plot line and turn it into hilarity. I don't think they're given their proper due, ever. There's Something About Mary and Shallow Hal are very funny movies. Are they plot driven? Eh, maybe Mary was. But the point is that they know how to make a funny movie without any sticking plot points what-so-ever. Hall Pass is no different.

I found myself not caring about the plot. I found myself waiting for the next funny line to come out of Jason Sudeikis' mouth. I found myself waiting for the next time they show Jenna Fischer on screen. I don't know what it is about her, but she's sassy. So here's the breakdown:

Simple plot? Check.
Good Looking people? Check.
Owen Wilson's deformed nose? Check.

What is it with that nose, man? Get it fixed. I know it's your thing, like Adrien Brody, just with less talent. I feel like Owen Wilson is trying too hard sometimes. He has that nasally(?) voice that goes along with the broken dorsum. Ah, anyway, I don't really have much to say except that it was funny. It kept me laughing, and the mushy parts were quasi-bearable. Just let me know next time when you're going to throw two huge weiners on the screen. So I can prepare myself mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment