Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Revamp To The System

So, because I cannot sit still for a long time without doing anything, I've decided to revamp my blog. I'm not sure how many people read it, but I'm hoping that the few that do enjoy reading my writings. I know there are matters of a difference of opinion, but honestly, that's why I believe it's interesting.

The reason I do this is to entertain myself and make my opinions known to the few people that do read what I put down on this technological page. I find it difficult to please people, so I do it to please myself.

Over the course of the next year (and possibly beyond), along with my normal write ups of movies that I see, I will be revisiting movies from the past. I may write a new review of a movie I have seen again since the first impression. I may watch a movie again from years ago and talk about the differences I found and if I liked it more or less now. There are plenty of titles I can think of that I do need to watch again. To name a few:

Gladiator
Die Hard
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Schindler's List
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Mystic River

That's not even close to all of them, but those are the ones that came to my mind, and yes, they are all on my Netflix list. Or I could probably just borrow one from a friend. Anyway, getting back to what I was saying, the reason I am doing this is because of the debacle that arose from Inception. During the summer I went to a midnight show of the film, but was exhausted from the day's work before. I did not know much about the movie and didn't know that it would take all the strength in my brain to make sense of the back and forth situations that occur.


(Photo from: thehydramag.com)


Bringing me back to my next point. The reviews of movies that I come back to will probably not be as formally written as the previous. I may just ramble and insert things about movies I have seen. Who knows? I sure as hell don't. Getting back, Inception was good. Not great, but good. After viewing it for a second time last week, I see now what the fuss is about. It was still confusing, and I did have to dig into my deep, intelligent brain to figure out just what exactly was happening. The true magnetism of the story brings you in to this world of imagination, and quite frankly, Matrixism? Sure, we'll go with that, I'm okay with it. The sheer velocity of the plot brings forth the presence of too much going on. I'm okay with that, but I feel that Nolan completely went over the top. The whole movie was over the top. With drama, not great acting, and only one action scene that was awesome which involved Joseph Gordon-Levitt floating in mid-air and mid-fight, still over the top. The deluxe grandeur of a big budget movie seemed too much for this filmmaker, and he made a very confusing, yet very (intelligent?) film. I still can't decide what I liked about it. I can't decide what I didn't like about it. To a point, it was fine. But honestly, as my brother said to me after his viewing, I don't care that much.

As for the new format, deal. Please just comment if you have an issue or like something. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment